Maryland Heritage Areas Authority (MHAA) Project Grants
The Maryland Heritage Areas Program provides dollar-for-dollar matching grants to nonprofit organizations and government entities for capital and non-capital projects located within a Certified Heritage Area. Grants can support projects involving historical, cultural or natural resources, sites, events or facilities. Eligible projects must have a heritage tourism component or contribute to research that will directly inform a heritage tourism product. Full details are available in the program guidelines. Current funding opportunities and training can be found on the MHT grants page.
- Capital Project grants up to $100,000 with a 1:1 match (75% cash match minimum and up to 25% in-kind match maximum)
- Non-Capital Project grants up to $50,000 with a 1:1 match (75% cash match minimum and up to 25% in-kind match maximum)
Here are important dates to remember:
- Intent to Apply deadline: 1/31/19
- Full application deadline: 3/8/19
For any questions regarding applying for a MHAA grant, please contact us at 301-387-4386.
Upcoming Grant Workshops/Webinars:
- Monday, January 14, 2019 – Frostburg (Allegany Co.) – 1 pm to 3 pm – Register for this date
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 – Perryville (Cecil Co.) – 10 am to Noon – Register for this date
- Friday, January 18, 2019 – St Michaels (Talbot Co.) – 1 pm to 3 pm – Register for this date
- Monday, January 28, 2019 – Webinar – 1:30 to 3:30 pm – Register online for this date
Past Projects Photo Gallery
Fall Project Grant Workshop/Webinar Recording