Our FY19 mini-grants are now available on a rolling cycle! Weren't able to attend our webinar to learn more? Our recorded webinar is below.
The Heritage Area’s mini-grant program is designed to provide funding for non-capital projects including innovative exhibits, tours, marketing, planning and projects which build upon interpretive themes identified in the Management Plan including: Transportation, Man and Nature, Historic Recreation, Cultural Uniqueness. Projects should seek to attract cultural heritage tourists to the region. Click to view our Management Plan. Download the application & guidelines below. If you have any questions, please contact Jen Durben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received, reviewed and awarded on a first come, first served basis until we have met our funding cap. Please contact us if you have questions about applying for a mini-grant.
Please click on the guidelines & application below:
Need inspiration? Click to view a sample application that was awarded to the Friends of New Germany.
Click to View Past Mini-Grant Awards
- Discovering Irish Heritage in Garrett County, MD through Dance - $2,000 awarded to the Garrett Lakes Arts Festival for a performance for fourth & fifth grade students of dance characteristics of Irish heritage in Garrett County.
- Oakland B&O Museum Rack Cards - $543.50 awarded to the Town of Oakland to produce 20,000 rack cards for the museum.
- Retractable Banners- $295.00 awarded to the Garrett Historical Society to produce three retractable banners for the Historical Society, History Museum and Transportation Museum.
- Patriotic Banners & Banners and Brackets - $3,100 awarded to the Town of Oakland for two applications to replace hardware and new banners for 24 light poles in historic Oakland. These banners highlight Autumn Glory Festival, B&O Museum and a Patriotic Banner.
- Aza Stanton Collection Restoration - $2,000 awarded to the Garrett College Foundation for the cleaning, repair and restoration of the late Aza Stanton's gifted art collection.
- Podcasts Promotion Garrett County Barn Quilts and Heritage - $1,077.50 awarded to the Barn Quilt Association of Garrett County to produce two podcasts sharing information about our Barn Quilts and Coal Heritage.
- End of the Line Bookstore Signage - $165.50 awarded to the non-profit organization End of the Line Bookstore to create and install signage for the bookstore to create awareness to visitors and residents.
- Garrett County Celtic Festival - $2,000 awarded to the Highland Festival of Garrett County, Inc. for assistance of event elements including advertising, children’s village and performers/demonstrators.
- Enabling Equipment for Digital Oral History - $476 awarded to the Garrett County Historical Society to film and record oral histories from Garrett County residents.
- Grantsville Historic Map - $2000.00 for the production of a historical map of Grantsville.
- Glass Covered Bulletin Board - $600.00 for the purchase of a glass enclosed bulletin board to display event details, classes and schedules and other information for the Artisan Village.
- Chautauqua 2013– $2000.00 for the Chautauqua Festival in July and a presentation to local middle school and college history student of two historical figures, commemorating the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 and the 150th anniversary of the Civil War.
- Civil War Days Re-Enactment –$2000.00 for the commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of the Jones-Imboden raid on the B&O Railroad and town of Oakland which occurred during the Civil War.
- Oakland Historic Walking Tour Guides – $770.00 for the updating and printing of the Historic Oakland Walking Tour brochure.
- Barn Quilt Project, Tourism Expansion – $2000.00 to develop interpretive signage placed at each barn quilt location. In addition tour maps and activity books will be updated.
- Traveling 219 – Heritage Stories – $1200.00 to develop multi-media documentation and historical contexts highlighting the historic, recreational and cultural characteristics found along US Route 219 in Garrett County.
- Spruce Forest Walking Tour Guides – $675.00 to create a takeaway walking tour card for visitors of the buildings in the Spruce Forest Artisan Village and provide a brief history of each building.
FY19 Mini-Grant Webinar
FY18 Mini-Grant Awardee Information